Wednesday, July 2, 2008

There is a god and he loves us!

We finally sold the Pathfinder! It was pure luck. Greg bought an 87 cent sign for Sporty and put it in front of the house on 1600 East. With in days, we had someone looking and placing an offer.

The luck went even deeper. Just when you think no one is buying an SUV, here comes a young family that lives up a hill whom needs 4 wheel drive in the winter. They have a Tahoe and it's, as the dad stated, "obnoxiously large and difficult." Sporty was just the size they were looking for!

It's been a rough time getting rid of the Pathfinder... part of me doesn't want to get rid of it. It was my first big purchase in life and there is such a sense of pride; "I bought that." Now that I live so close to work, have a bus line to school, TRAX line to school, and Greg's carpool meets by my school, it doesn't make sense to have a second car right now. Not to mention that gas prices!!! I think we've driven the Pathfinder twice since May. It just sits in the driveway, collecting heat rays.

I have a lot of memories with old Sporty... the time I went to SEATAC Airport and Dustin named it, "Betty Red Panties," or the time I blasted Ice Cube out the door and danced with friends at the Orchard Middle School parking lot. It's been on many road trips and it's been my shelter when I wanted to run away from crazy roommates.

Remember Boyz 2 Men? Yes, it is indeed hard to say goodbye to yesterday. Yet, it is easy to say goodbye to wasted gas money on a vehicle that serves no purpose other than memories.

No comments: