Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Boo on Rock Port State Park, Hurray for Hyundais!

Greg and I needed some camping time away from the house. Okay, so it was mostly me who needed the time away. I was about to go insane with the endless projects in the basement. (Thank god the upstairs isn't a mess!) Being from central Washington, I associate camping with swimming. The Columbia river looks like a lake and there are endless camp sites that allow you to camp and swim. Not to mention Lake Chelan with it's glacier fed, crystal clear waters that are very refreshing on a hot summer day. YES - Washington state gets hot. NO - it doesn't rain a lot in central Washington. It's a desert.

Greg tried very hard to get us a camp site on a water source, so we packed up and headed to Rock Port. Not only did Greg pay $20 and not get his $10 change, but our site had become a parking lot for two huge vehicles. Death to Tahoes and diesel, white, extended vans!!! I know they are hard to park but placing them in another camp site = I hate them.

We drove back to get our refund, which wasn't really a refund with the incorrect change, and decided to bag the whole "let's camp on water" idea. As we made the drive to our usual campgrounds, Oak Hollow in Midway, we passed endless 350 trucks, Tahoes, and Escalates pulling boats, knowing they were headed to Rock Port. What made me get increasingly annoyed was that these vehicles were headed to an already FULL camp site and would do what the jerks had done at our site; they'd go to the boat launch, put the boat in the water, and the go park their extra vehicle at an empty camp site. Jerks - when a place is FULL this means those who reserved their site aren't there yet. God, I seriously hate those over consuming, pooping out babies, clogging the freeway, rude water breeders! I have never been around such a group.

Not once in my experiences in Washington at campgrounds on a water source, did I have my site taken as a parking lot, or heard people yell at ranger when the entrance line was taking too long. Perhaps it's the shortage of water camp sites here that brings out such frantic behavior. I've said this before, although not in a blog, "breeders" are a Utah thing. Selfish. Rude. I wish they'd sell their boats and extra large vehicles and travel the world or simply another state (Idaho excluded). They need to see how EVERYONE else lives. The worse part - they are breeding kids just like them. I'll never go back to Rock Port or Jordanelle. I hate the people who are there.

As for the Hyundai, now that it's our only vehicle, I love it's gas mileage. I love taking it camping with it's large trunk and room for the dog. Fantastic car. FAN-TAS-TIC.

No comments: